Did you know?
- HIV/AIDS is 100% fatal; there is no cure and no vaccine.
- HIV/AIDS has claimed the lives of 25 million people worldwide, with over 2 million deaths in 2008.
- 33.4 million people are living with HIV/AIDS, with 2.7 million new infections every year – that’s 20% higher than in 2000.
- HIV is 100% preventable.
- HIV can be contracted by anyone.
- One person in Canada is infected with HIV/AIDS approximately every two hours.
- 27% of those Canadians living with HIV don’t know they are infected.
- 30% of all new infections in Alberta are women.
- About 4,000 Albertans are currently infected with HIV/AIDS, including approximately 2,000 in Edmonton.
- The rate of new HIV infections in Alberta is highest among 30-39 year olds.
YOU CAN HELP TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE – RIGHT HERE IN YOUR COMMUNITY!